What’s new in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2019
The easiest and most productive QuickBooks ever is now here! QuickBooks 2019 offers new features and improvements based on what you need to run your growing business. Continue ready to learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier 2019, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0, and QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier
Check to Bill Pay
QuickBooks 2019 will guide you to the “Pay Bills” window if you try to write checks to pay “open bills”. This prevents you from unintentionally creating a check to pay for bills, when you need to use the Pay Bills option instead.
Invoice Status Tracker
QuickBooks 2019 includes invoice status tracking information. When you open an existing invoice transaction, click the “See History link” to display the Invoice status tracking information. The Invoice History window will pop up and show a status flow:
- Sent: Your invoice was sent using one of the email options in QuickBooks.
- Viewed: Your customer received and opened the email. Note: you will only see this status if you are connected to the internet; and this may not appear if the customer’s email doesn’t auto-allow image downloads.
- Paid: You entered a payment (partial or full payment) for Invoice in QuickBooks.
- Deposited: You record a payment deposit in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks 2019 allows you to transfer credits to other customers in just a few clicks.
- Open the invoice to be credited
- Select Apply Credits and credits from another customer job will show under “available credits”
- Choose the existing credits, then click Done.
- Choose “Yes” to complete the transfer from the “Confirm Transfer” Window.
The upgrade process has been improved to reduce the time spent downloading, installing and upgrading. Save time and effort by upgrading to the latest version with just a few clicks.
IIF imports now include and automatic data check to ensure your import is accurate. After checking your data, QuickBooks creates a report of issues found with the corresponding fixes.
In partnership with Job Access With Speech (JAWS), we now provide better access for the visually impaired. There is clarity by announcing window titles and fields as customers hover or select them. Links are now also converted to buttons for easier access for the customer. Note: This improved feature is only available to users who have JAWS installed on their devices and automatically works with QuickBooks.
Data File Optimization
You can now condense your company file without deleting list elements or summarizing transactions. The improved Data File Optimization, allows you to reduce your file size by a certain percentage by removing only the Audit Trail which makes up a large percentage of your data file size.
Move QuickBooks to another Computer
Move your QuickBooks program and your company files onto a new computer easily using only the following:
- The old computer
- The new computer which should be connected to the internet
- An external USB flash drive with sufficient space for the company file
Inventory Improvements – Inactive Item and Industry Reports
If you utilize the inventory feature of QuickBooks, you can now take advantage of a filter to include/exclude inactive inventory in reports to have an up-to-date assessment of inventory. This provides you with reliable valuation reports to consolidate the inventory value.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise includes all Pro and Premier features plus the following enhancements:
Manage Payroll Permissions
You can now set permissions to users who can view payroll transaction and reports to protect your payroll and other sensitive information from unauthorized users. The Edit Role window also lets you know which areas give unrestricted access to payroll information.
Enhanced Pick, Pack, and Ship
The latest QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise gives you a single place to manage all aspects of fulfilling sales orders, including the three major steps: pick, pack, and ship. The enhanced sales order fulfillment process is flexible, and can be customized to suit your unique business needs.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
Reliable Sick and Vacation
New options allow you to stay on top of your employee sick and vacation accruals, balances, and shortfalls:
- Track whether or not an employee has enough accrued sick or vacation time for the time to be paid on a paycheck. QuickBooks will display a warning when appropriate.
- The options for methods to calculate sick and vacation time have been expanded to comply with some states’ requirements (e.g. to set a limit for the maximum sick or vacation time accrues at any time, not just in the year).
- The pay stub includes more detail for the employee about their accrued, used, and available sick and vacation time.
If you have any questions about QuickBooks functionality, upgrades, integration or any general questions, please contact Leslie A. Hennessy at firstname.lastname@example.org